If I’ve done nothing else this week, at least I’ll have put together this post. I’m still very tired- POTS is kicking my ass, as a few of the Stories imply. I’m trying to keep on schedule with friend and church and this blog, but I seem to be having poor luck. I miss my routine, but I can’t keep up with it right now, so I’m going to celebrate small victories like this!
Happy news, I registered for classes to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree. I’ve been out of school for more than 5 years, so I’m a little nervous, but very excited!
So here they are, 7 6 Word Stories:
- Watched a season in one day.
- I started today with negative spoons.
- That feeling after finishing a project.
- Running water never fails to soothe.
- I’d rather hide than make decisions
- I’m only tired when it’s inconvenient
- My chronic illness is chronically exhausting
Hope you all have a nice weekend, St. Louis weather says it’ll either snow, or be in the seventies, so wish us luck.
So it’s been awhile… And the worst part is, it’s not like I haven’t been writing my 6 word stories, it’s just that two weeks in a row, I bolted up out of a dead sleep at about 2am on Saturday morning realizing that I haven’t written a blog post. I then immediately fall back asleep, which is less than useful.
I’ve had a long couple of weeks. I started physical therapy, which makes my POTS flare, which means I’m ‘fall asleep sitting up’ exhausted. My heart rate is also in the 150’s which makes me feel like I’ve had 5 shots of espresso one after the other. Luckily, I found a glut of gardening shows on Netflix, so I can just lie on the couch and stare at the TV when necessary.
So with the whole ‘skipping two weeks of posts’ thing, I’m going to leave you with The Best Of March’s Stories. Thanks for reading!
- I started today with negative spoons.
- Oh where has my ambition gone?
- So tired. I blame Daylight Savings.
- A thousand earplugs are not enough.
- After too much socializing, it’s naptime.
- Just for today, I’m not overthinking.
- It’s hard to describe my feelings.
Well there we go! My last few weeks in 42 words. Sorry for the missed week, but if you ever feel like you’re in 6 Word Story withdrawal, my Tumblr blog, 6 Word Autism is updated daily!
Hope you all have a great first week of Spring!
See, just like I promised, no more medical stories! Technically only half of my steri-strips are gone, but I thought I’d let you guys off early. This week has been good. Quiet, which is what I’ve needed. Although the East Coasted is getting slammed by French Toast Weather (which is a phrase popular in St. Louis- it means a storm bad enough that people obsessively buy milk, eggs, and bread. I think it’s charming), we’ve been having lovely weather. I’ve been feeling a bit of a hole in my life now that the Winter Olympics are done. It was like a 3 week long super intense Special Interest that’s just abruptly gone. I also finished a big knitting project, so my hands feel a bit empty too. Guess it’s time to cast on something new!
- Flapping to forget my wet socks.
- I love sharing Special Interests together!
- Sitting in the sun is rejuvenating.
- On non-stop day I need quiet.
- Knitting is such a productive stim.
- My favorite TV show is back!
- Pets are the best pressure stims.
This coming week should be good though, I finally start physical therapy. Time for some real progress!
This week is the first week of full time infusions, and I’m love it! After two liters of fluids, I come out feeling like a superhero. Granted, a superhero who needs a nap, but still, my ability to tolerate standing and walking is greatly improved. I know once I start my POTS exercise protocol I won’t feel as awesome any more, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts. I’m back up to my full dose of anti-anxiety meds, but it hasn’t been long enough to take full effect, so I’m still a bit of a nervous rest. It should get better. I need it to get better. On the bright side, St. Louis has been, in true St. Louis fashion, unseasonably warn, and I’ve gotten to spend some time outside. It’s been great after those two weeks of -18 wind chills!
- How did I live without a Kindle.
- Celebrating Valentines Day early with sushi!
- How did I get lost again?
- Don’t trust me to make decisions.
- Why am I even doing this?
- I love mail addressed to me!
- Obsessed with a new board game.
Next week brings a performance at my church’s annual LGBTQ+ Feel The Love Coffee House. My wife and I are performing Androgynous, by The Replacements! Are you guys doing anything interesting this week?
This week has been wracked with anxiety, and I’m trying to weather the storm. It’s made writing more difficult, as I’ve lost every bit of confidence that I have, so even if I can start something, I find myself deleting it immediately because to me, it all reads like crap. I’m trying to change up my strategy a bit, writing more from that heart, about experiences I’m having as they come. We’ll see how that goes. Other news is that I had my first infusion using my port. The whole thing went pear shaped and I ended up having a meltdown at the infusion center, but I’m hoping things will get easier. On the bright side, my stitches have healed, and the port has stopped hurting, although it does itch like crazy. I’m thinking that will go away soon too.
- Why am I in the kitchen?
- Knit purl, knit purl, soothing stitches.
- Important Announcement: New Special Interest Acquired!
- Too many books- not a problem.
- Dear strangers: please don’t touch me.
- I’ve decided that bras aren’t necessary.
- Can’t handle this friendship falling apart.
Hope everyone is having a good week, and I hope it’s as warm wherever you are as it is here!
Surgery was successful! Do you know what this means? I’ll shut up about hospitals and doctors and incisions for a whole month!! Which is when my next surgery is…Anyway, I was able to predict most of the autism related surgery issues, like smelly funny from antibacterial soap, and the itchiness of the bandages, but the one thing I’ve struggled with most is that I’m exhausted and drugged, but my brain is bored. And bored autistic brain is the worst.
- Betadine gives me Oompa Loompa skin
- Which is worse, infection or showering?
- I discovered a new favorite food!
- You can’t write with no words
- Too tired to read, what now?
- Making good slime is so rewarding
- Why are some relationships so complicated?
That’s all for today folks, I’m off to take another nap.
Well, at the beginning of the week I had zero upcoming surgeries, and now I have two. Both of them are good, one is the start of a therapy that should make a huge difference for my POTS, and the second should finally resolve the hip pain I’ve been having, but boy, after months of nothing happening, it’s all coming together! I also had a lovely birthday, and I think I’m handling being old (aka, 30, really well).
- Doctors need to stop touching me
- I guess being old isn’t awful
- Other cane users smile at me
- Everything I wrapped looks like potatoes
- My health keeps me from life
- Pet a puppy, best day ever!
- Do your cats just…stare sometimes?
I hope everyone has a nice holiday, whatever it is that you do or don’t celebrate!