One of the ways we build structure into weekly increments, is to plan out theme weeks.
We developed a basic framework for these, so that while the activities may be new and exciting, the categories repeat from week to week.
Theme Week Structure:
- Outing – We plan at least one outing that is in line with the theme
- Sensory Project – These vary widely, and can be anything from visual, touch-based, or smell-based usually.
- Craft or Art Project – There is usually 1-2 of these per theme, we get a lot of idea from pinterest and tumblr
- Optional Food Theme – As part of eating disorder recovery efforts, sometimes we include a new food to try as part of a theme
- Optional Solo Plan – This is something to work on independently, sometimes a craft or sensory project that doesn’t require help
You can look at our planned theme weeks in posts under the category: Theme Week
Here is a blank template for anyone who is interested.
If you share this, please source it.